CLINICAL SUPERVISION AT CARRS LANE
Here at Carrs Lane we ensure our volunteer counsellors work ethically and effectively by receiving regular clinical supervision of their CLCC Ltd client work, only from clinical supervisors who meet the standards required of the service.
Supervision takes place in two main ways:
 Counsellors attend monthly group supervision meetings at the Centre, led by in house volunteer clinical supervisors. This is provided free of charge to counsellors.
 Counsellors may opt for additional individual clinical supervision (for academic, professional or developmental purposes), from either our in-house clinical supervisors, or from a CLCC Ltd approved external clinical supervisor (a clinical supervisor in private practice who has been vetted by CLCC Ltd). Individual supervision is not provided free of charge.
The Centre has a full quota of Group Supervisors at present, however, the Centre often has vacancies arise for Volunteer Group Clinical Supervisors. This would be to supervise a group of up to 4 (counsellors and/or trainee counsellors) who meet once a month for two hours. There may also be some opportunities for providing individual clinical supervision. This opportunity would also suit those already engaged in clinical supervision training who are seeking a supervision placement.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER CLINICAL SUPERVISORS:
- The opportunity to provide clinical supervision within a British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy accredited counselling service. Carrs Lane Counselling Centre has held BACP Accredited Counselling Service status since February 2007. All BACP Accredited Services demonstrate a high level of professionalism and quality of service provision, meeting benchmark standards that are maintained by annual external assessment.
- The opportunity to supervise experienced counsellors and trainees who are working with clients from all backgrounds presenting with diverse symptomology.
- The opportunity to supervise short term, medium and longer term counselling work with clients. Unlike many agencies, we do not restrict the number of sessions with clients to less than ten, but seek to provide as much time as is reasonably needed for clients to address their issues.
- Attendance on Continuing Professional Development courses that are held at the Centre throughout the year at no charge.
- Expenses payment of £50.00 for each supervision group per month.
- To be part of a team that is supported through a system of mentoring and supervisor’s supervision and by a management structure that ensures all aspects of the service meet the standards required by the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy.
- The opportunity to give something back to the community of Birmingham.
If you are interested in finding out more about the role of a Volunteer Clinical Supervisor here at Carrs Lane, or wish to apply, please contact the centre on 0121 643 6363 and ask to speak to the Counselling Manager.